Our specialist Dispute Resolution Team handles a wide-range of disputes, including:
- Disputed boundaries or shoddy building work;
- Landlord and Tenant matters;
- Issues arising from a Will or Intestacy; and
- Contractual disputes.
Our clients include individuals, charities, small owner-run businesses along with multi-national companies, our work is extremely widespread, both in terms of the nature and complexity of the work and the value of the matters in dispute. We work closely with our Employment, Property and Lifetime Planning teams to provide a fully-resourced expert service, whatever your dispute.
We fully understand that every dispute is unique and that your aims and outcomes are personal to you. This is why we listen to your needs and requirements so that we may ultimately act in your best interests. Our approach to costs is transparent and you can be rest assured that you will be able to make informed decisions at every stage of the resolution of your dispute. So,
What is ‘Dispute Resolution’?
- ‘Dispute Resolution’ is the name given to the various processes whereby people and businesses in dispute are able to resolve their differences. These include formal and informal negotiations, mediation, arbitration, proceedings and insolvency procedures
Will it cost me a fortune?
- There is a wide range of costing options available and you can be assured that we approach costs with your best interests, and transparency, as our priorities. It may be that your matter could be dealt with on a ‘fixed-fee’ basis, by a Conditional Fee Arrangement, or contingency fees similar to those widely used in the USA. In some circumstances your costs could even be paid by the other side. We would be happy to discuss the likely level of expenditure needed, and the method of payment so that if you do instruct us, you will be doing so with ‘eyes wide open’.
Will I have to go to Court?
- Whilst it is inevitable that some disputes will end up in court, with our help the vast majority of our clients are able to resolve their disputes without ever having to set foot in a courtroom. Our team also has detailed knowledge and experience of alternative resolution methods, from negotiation to mediation and arbitration. In any event, both sides are strongly encouraged to pursue other methods of dispute resolution that do not involve going to court. There may even be sanctions imposed by the court against a party who is uncooperative.
For more information please contact one of the team.
Partner (Notary Public)
- 01603 751 970
- 01603 753 421
Dispute Resolution Executive
- 01603 751 984
- 01603 751 997