Hansells may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 11 November 2009.
What we collect
We may collect the following information
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Occupation and business details
- Preferences and interests in order to provide you with details of Hansells services and products
- Demographic details
- Other information relevant to client surveys and/or offers
- Other information relevant to recruitment processes
- Other information relating to the payment of services and products (including but not limited to debit or credit card details)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons
- Internal record keeping and or administration
- Recruitment and selection purposes
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email and other material about our services and products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, text message fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We may use the information to produce or provide information and statistics in order to monitor website usage and performance generally
- We may use the information in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations
- We may use the information to improve and promote our products and services
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Roger Holden Managing Partner Hansells Solicitors and Financial Advisers 13 The Close Norwich NR1 4DS or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘DPConWithdrawal’
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Hansells will disclose your personal information in limited circumstances such as:
- Where we have your consent
- Where we are required or permitted by law to do so
- Where people or organisations are providing a service to us and the disclosure of your information is necessary for that service to be provided
Hansells will only hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Roger Holden Managing Partner Hansells Solicitors and Financial Advisers 13 The Close Norwich NR1 4DS. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete then please write or email to email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.